Friday 29 August 2014

About™ ǁ LadyDonli's Love or War:The Mixtape




Abuja's best female artist and NTCA winner, Zeinab Donli popularly known as "Lady Donli" has decided to give us an insight on her mixtape, "Love or War". On this special edition of AbjTeensBlog's ABOUT Miss Donli tells us her inspiration for the tape, producers on the tape, how she came up with the name and many more.
Read more and enjoy

-What inspired this mixtape
Well the mixtape has a personal journey for me, I've been working on it for the past two years and with time it has evolved. I guess my love for music was what ultimately inspired it.

-How did you come up with the name "Love or War"
It took me a lot of time to come up with a name..Firstly I called it "A Girl like Z" but I realized the title didn't reflect me anymore. The I decided to call it "Cupid's Effect" but at the end of the day I settled for"Love or War" simply because it felt right.

-Who are the artistes we are going to see as features on this mixtape?
Lol funny enough I only have 3 features. I wanted this to be as much of a personal story as possible because in a sense it's my story. So I chose Sute, Tay and SkweiRd

-How many songs are on the tape?
11 (One Bonus) which makes it 12

-How many producers are on the tape (+Names)
There are 8 different producers on the tape. Lol. I wont give out their names just yet

-Mr Creeper which is a song of that tape has made waves. How did you come up with that?
Lol. Mr Creeper was a song basically about insecurity, and the insecurities I know most females might face as well

-Can we have a look at the mixtape tracklist??

-How was the mixtape making experience??
Hectic, probably one o the most difficult things I've ever done but worth it. I tried my best to enjoy every moment

-Anything you would like us to know about the tape (Random)
Well just expect the unexpected if that makes sense

-What is the backstory to the mixtape?
 I basically got the concept from the saying "make love not war" it revolves around the ups and downs of relationships and life in general

-When is this tape dropping?
Sometime in September officially. But those who come up for my listening party would get to officially listen and buy a copy

-When is the listening party?
This Saturday! Platinum Lounge, Abuja 7pm Sharp

This tape is really gonna blow your trust me. Personally, I've heard some tracks on it and they were all crazy. The listening party is tomorrow. You don't want to miss it.
Follow Lady Donli @LadyDonli

No comments:

Post a Comment