Thursday 21 August 2014

About™│Charles Nkanga



Formerly known as SwagKidd, Charles Nkanga has made it on to the top 5 of the best teen artist list and we are not surprised because he was nominated for 5 categories at the NTCA's.With two mixtapes I doubt this handsome goon would ever stop giving us hits. So we got Charles and asked him some questions. ABOUT Charles...

-What is your Name?
-Your Stage/ Nickname?

My name and stage name are both the same Charles Nkanga. I was once called SwagKidd it grew on to most people who knew me so the name change was kind of awkward and people as of now are still trying to get used to it.

-Why do you decide to your real name as your stage name?
I kept planning on changing my stage name ever since my first mixtape but then I felt people might not accept the change, so one morning after my second mixtape I just took the decision to do it. After searching for names in my head, most of which sounded comical I just decided to go with my real name. Ignoring the fact that there may be some difficulties in pronouncing my surname.

-Date Of Birth?
June 27

-State of Origin?
Akwa-Ibom

-What do you do now?
I'm a student, I go to school at the University Of Hertfordshire in England

-Contacts(number,email,Facebook Twitter,etc.)
My Facebook and Twitter are the same. My names. Charles Nkanga and @charlesnkanga and as for email charlesnkanga@yahoo.co.uk

-If a random guy wants to work with you how much are we talking??
Haha I'm sorry I cannot say because all the financial grounds are beyond my power, all that goes to my manager. But if I like his stuff sure no problem I can make an excuse for him when my manager comes asking

-What is Mr Dark Night Light doing if he's not making music?
Well Mr Dark Night Lights stays at home and tries to plan the route to getting to the next step which will take me to the next level. I also think about what will be going out next to my audience so they won't be disappointed.

-Are we expecting any thing new from 'Charles'??
Yeah but I have lips sealed on what exactly is going to come next. Everyone would just have to wait and see

-Three teen artists with great prospects?
I'd go for the three most talented upcoming artistes I know. Tochukwu Anukam known as TC. Rodnee Okafor known as Zilla and my best friend Zeinab Donli known as Lady Donli. But there are a lot more if given recognition they'd change the future for Nigerian music.

-What do you plan for the future? 
My main plan for the future is to make music that will be remembered by many, I may not win many or any awards but so far as it's remembered by millions and loved by many I'm good.

In addition to all that this summer has been good for Charles has he has been headlining so many great performances with pics Below.










No comments:

Post a Comment